Thursday, March 22, 2018

Gifts from Our Creator!


Last year I had 2 little wrens who nested in a watering can on my patio.
I enjoyed watching them build it but I couldn't see inside.

This year they returned to build a nest inside a plastic bag inside a basket on my patio.
This pair of hard working little birds flew back and forth 
with bits and pieces in their beaks.
They worked for many hours over several days while being alert 
to any danger that might present itself.  
This is the fruit of their labor:
 
One day I saw one of the birds flying back and forth with something in its beak.
I walked out onto the patio and peaked into the nest as closely as I could.
Yes!
Daddy is providing for Momma as she sits on her eggs!

What a beautiful picture of God's provision and protection.

"You are my hiding place from every storm of life..."
Psalm 32:7a

Every time I walk out onto the patio I peek inside the nest.
Momma is always in there peering back at me.
Then, a few days I go when I peeked inside I saw:
Momma was taking a break so I was blessed with this gift!

I'm so thankful for the amazing moments God gives me.
So many of them are so small or fleeting 
that we miss them if we are not living in that moment.

God's Word tells us that:

 For his invisible attributes, namely, 
his eternal power and divine nature, 
have been clearly perceived, 
ever since the creation of the world, 
in the things that have been made. 
So they are without excuse.
Romans 1:20 ESV

Nature reveals God.
In these tiny birds I see how God provides for His creation.
I see how each facet of creation has a role to fulfill 
and is given exactly what is needed to fulfill it.

Jesus Himself said:

Look at the birds of the air: 
they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, 
and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. 
Are you not of more value than they?
Matthew 6:26 ESV

Keep your senses tuned to God's creation.
He will amaze and astound you when you do.

Meanwhile, I'm waiting expectantly for baby birds.

Father, 
Thank You for the gifts You lavish on me through Your creation.  
In Jesus' Name,
Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment